Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU
Job Number: 1120
Join our technology team as an agile engineer where you will be developing solutions and provide operational support for systems integrations and web applications using agile methodologies.
Your new company
Located in the Canberra CBD, Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation (CSC) provides superannuation services and products to Australian Government employees and members of the Australian Defence Force. They believe in experience first and foremost and have their members and customers best interests at the heart of everything they do.
Your new role
As an Agile Engineer at CSC you will develop and support solutions using modern integration technologies and tooling across a hybrid computing environment to deliver effective business outcomes. In collaboration with other technology teams you will develop solutions with security as the highest priority.
You will work within an agile oriented team to develop solutions which includes daily stand-ups, retrospectives, backlog refinement and sprint planning.
Further responsibilities include:
- Design and document software solutions in accordance with solution design principles including acceptance criteria, flow diagrams, data contracts and user cases.
- Support and troubleshoot solutions such as log analysis, failure analysis and break fixes.
- Develop systems integrations and web applications in languages appropriate to the requirements and designs provided, in-line with security requirements
- Develop automatable unit tests for system integrations and web applications in languages appropriate to the target platforms
- Achieve Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) using modern tooling and methodologies for the web application environments and integration environments
- Maintain code quality in accordance with policies and use code-management systems to secure code and collaborate with other team members
- Conform to ITIL change and release processes
What you’ll need to excel
- A tertiary qualification with a proven ability to deliver quality outcomes in an enterprise environment
- Proven experience delivering projects within an enterprise software development team
- Demonstrated capabilities in automated testing (with tooling such as Maven)
- Experience in developing web services and related data schemas (SOAP, REST, XML, JSON)
- Experience in web development tooling (Jenkins, JIRA, Git, Maven)
- Experience developing and operating in a hybrid computing environment (on-prem, AWS, Google Cloud and Azure)
- The ability to convey complex systems to internal and external stakeholders
- A demonstrated ability to work closely and collaboratively with operational and project teams
- Well-developed organisational and planning skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with operational or project teams to deliver quality outcomes against predefined timeframes, budgets, and scope elements
What you’ll get in return
- A permanent position with a competitive remuneration package
- An excellent office location in Civic
- A variety of challenging and interesting work
What you will need to do now
Send your resume via the apply link today.
Job Number: 1120
Community / Marketing Title: Agile Engineer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU