Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU
Job Number: 20050
Your new company
Located in commercial new offices in Canberra CBD, the Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation
(CSC) is a corporate Commonwealth entity that provides superannuation services and products to
Australian Government employees and members of the Australian Defence Force. We are committed to
making super personal and guiding our customers to make the right choices to reach their retirement
dreams. CSC search the globe for investment opportunities to grow customer’s savings. At CSC, we are
proud to wear the Australian government crest, and proud to serve those who serve our country
It’s an exciting new era for us at CSC. Delivering better outcomes for customers is reshaping the
superannuation sector, that’s why we’re transforming to a Connected Service Culture.
CSC’s transformation program is designed to put customers at the heart of everything we do. It’s about
more than just implementing a new operating model or business plan, it’s about transforming ourselves
into a more connected and truly customer centric organisation. It not only connects us to our customers
but also to one another, empowering our people with the processes, technology and data to transform
the way we work and what we’re able to achieve together.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for you to be part of a fundamental transformation of CSC’s
workplace: uplifting capability, processes, and data use and technology enablement. This will be the
basis upon which we can improve outcomes for our customers into the future.
Your new role
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, proactive and dedicated graduate in an exciting
career defining role to build organisational and employee capability in good data practices and
behaviours. You will have the opportunity to be part of a team providing strategic, operational, and
administrative support in the development, implementation and maintenance of the Data Governance
capability and data related initiatives to support CSC maximise the value of its data.
The work undertaken by this role contributes to meeting CSC’s obligations for Managing Data Risk and
preparing the organisation to effectively leverage data as an asset as part of a broader digital
We are looking for someone who is proactive, hardworking, savvy, articulate with a strong sense of
collaboration and who is able to undertake research in terms of best practice, putting it in a format and
translating it into CSC environment to be able to think laterally, out of the box thinking, and being able
to communicate in language.
NB: Consultant Analyst position is available as a 2 year full time contract opportunity.
Location: While these positions are based in Canberra we are open to talented candidates from other
states and territories as CSC supports a flexible approach to work inclusive of location. Appropriate
onsite and offsite presence would be as required.
What you’ll need to excel
- Tertiary qualification in Information Management/Technology, Software Engineering or Law.) or an equivalent combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- 6 -18 months of experience in document writing skills with a focus on data
- Excellent document writing skills, stakeholder management skills, problem solving skills are critical to the role
- Aptitude or experience with data management tools and applications including process mapping
- Translate theoretical concepts to plain in the context of business problems and organizational of business unit strategic objectives
- Capable of supporting the delivery of initiatives within business functions and across the
What you’ll get in return
● Play a vital role in the development of the CSC’s transformation program and develop a career
with a focus on data
● An opportunity to work at ground level and build a data governance capability
● Join CSC at an exciting time of change, in this position you will make a real difference.
What you will need to do now
To apply for this Consultant Analyst, please provide a CV by clicking on the link to apply.
Please provide with your CV in 300 words or less, through a one page visual
representation in power point or word describing the business value of data governance.
Job Number: 20050
Community / Marketing Title: Consultant Analyst
Location_formattedLocationLong: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU