Data Literacy Content Writer
Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU
Job Number: 20055
Your new company
Located in commercial new offices in Canberra CBD, the Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation (CSC) is a corporate Commonwealth entity that provides superannuation services and products to Australian Government employees and members of the Australian Defence Force. We are committed to making super personal and guiding our customers to make the right choices to reach their retirement dreams. CSC search the globe for investment opportunities to grow customer’s savings. At CSC, we are proud to wear the Australian government crest, and proud to serve those who serve our country
It’s an exciting new era for us at CSC. Delivering better outcomes for customers is reshaping the superannuation sector, that’s why we’re transforming to a Connected Service Culture.
CSC’s transformation program is designed to put customers at the heart of everything we do. It’s about more than just implementing a new operating model or business plan, it’s about transforming ourselves into a more connected and truly customer centric organisation. It not only connects us to our customers but also to one another, empowering our people with the processes, technology and data to transform the way we work and what we’re able to achieve together.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for you to be part of a fundamental transformation of CSC’s workplace: uplifting capability, processes, and data use and technology enablement. This will be the basis upon which we can improve outcomes for our customers into the future.
Your new role
The Data Literacy Content Writer will support the Data Governance Stream Lead and other SMEs with the development of written content and development of education and awareness material to support CSC’s Data Literacy initiative. The objective of the role is to develop a range of educational awareness and training material to build skills and understanding in relation to 3 key areas of focus:
- Data stewards/ data owners
- Senior executive/middle management
- All staff
The Data Literacy Content Writer plays a pivotal role in the Data Literacy initiative to improve staff awareness of CSC’s data, appropriate use of data and good data processes, practices and behaviours.
The Data Literacy Content Writer should have excellent plain English writing skills and editorial skills with an ability to translate and communicate complex data concepts in simple terms for educational and awareness purposes so that they can be understood and acted upon.
NB: Data Literacy Content writer position is available until Dec 2021 as a full time contract opportunity
Location: While these positions are based in Canberra we are open to talented candidates from other states and territories as CSC supports a flexible approach to work inclusive of location. Appropriate onsite and offsite presence would be as required.
What you’ll need to excel
- Tertiary qualification in Communication, Journalism, Arts or Law or an equivalent combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- 1- 2 years’ experience in internal/external communications or are creating training material
- Excellent writing skills and stakeholder management skills are key to success in this role
- Ability to create content to support education and awareness programs to drive good practices, behaviors relating to data activities required of specialists and other staff.
- Ability to create or demonstrable experience of creating checklists, ‘how to’ guides, and other education and training material which will include content for e-learning module and other digital training formats.
- Being able to implement data literacy content plan and work successfully with technical SMEs and translate instructions and information in plain English to maximise high user adoption
- Flexible approach and can-do attitude is highly desirable
What you’ll get in return
- Play a vital role in the development of the CSC’s transformation program and develop a career with a focus on data
- An opportunity to develop an innovative data literacy program to create a data centric organization, digital training materials
- Join CSC at an exciting time of change, in this position you will make a real difference.
What you will need to do now
To apply for this Data Literacy Content Writer role, please provide a CV by clicking on the link to apply
Please provide with your CV a word document explaining in 400 words or less in plain English the business benefits of Data Governance
Job Number: 20055
Community / Marketing Title: Data Literacy Content Writer
Location_formattedLocationLong: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU