Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU
Job Number: 20065
Your new company
Located in commercial new offices in Canberra CBD, the Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation (CSC) is a corporate Commonwealth entity that provides superannuation services and products to Australian Government employees and members of the Australian Defence Force. We are committed to making super personal and guiding our customers to make the right choices to reach their retirement dreams. CSC search the globe for investment opportunities to grow customer’s savings. At CSC, we are proud to wear the Australian government crest, and proud to serve those who serve our country
It’s an exciting new era for us at CSC. Delivering better outcomes for customers is reshaping the superannuation sector, that’s why we’re transforming to a Connected Service Culture.
CSC’s transformation program is designed to put customers at the heart of everything we do. It’s about more than just implementing a new operating model or business plan, it’s about transforming ourselves into a more connected and truly customer centric organisation. It not only connects us to our customers but also to one another, empowering our people with the processes, technology and data to transform the way we work and what we’re able to achieve together.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for you to be part of a fundamental transformation of CSC’s workplace: uplifting capability, processes, and data use and technology enablement. This will be the basis upon which we can improve outcomes for our customers into the future.
Your new role
The Data Modeler will design and implement data modelling solutions. Working closely with the Data Architect to design a mixture of conceptual, physical and logical data models. The role is responsible for creating and maintaining data models and designing associated components related to data transformation, data quality, metadata management, reporting and analytics. The work undertaken by the Data Modeler is expected to ensure that data, integration and analytics architecture complies with overall agreed standards and is designed for appropriate extensibility, security and quality.
NB: Data Modeler position is available as a 2 year full time contract opportunity
Location: While these positions are based in Canberra we are open to candidates from other states and territories as CSC supports a flexible approach to work. Appropriate onsite and offsite presence would be as required.
What you’ll need to excel
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information management or applied mathematics or engineering
- Ability to translate requirements and develop data models
- 3years plus experience as a Data Modeller (ideally using multiple modelling tools)
- Thorough knowledge of data modelling fundamentals - independent of tools
- Experience in Agile practices, including Agile Data Modelling
- Being able to prioritise tasks and being able to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Ability to engage with business and technology people to gather and playback requirements
- Strong listening skills and critical thinking skills
- Ability to articulate and present data model designs and demonstrate that they match requirements
- Experience developing different types of data models (e.g., conceptual, logical, physical etc.)
- Ability to translate complex data concepts into visual formats and narrative that business stakeholders can understand
- Effective written skills to produce a variety of documents (on policies, frameworks, standards, specifications etc.).
- Familiarity or exposure to NoSQL databases, their design and usage is preferred.
- Familiarity or exposure to cloud platforms is preferred.
What you’ll get in return
- Play a vital role in the development of the CSC’s transformation program.
- An opportunity to work in the superannuation industry.
- Opportunity to further develop your data modelling skills
- Join CSC at an exciting time of change, in this position you will make a real difference.
What you will need to do now
To apply for this Data Modeler role, please provide a CV by clicking on the link to apply
Job Number: 20065
Community / Marketing Title: Data Modeler
Location_formattedLocationLong: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU