Metadata Management Specialist
Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU
Job Number: 20066
Your new company
Located in commercial new offices in Canberra CBD, the Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation (CSC) is a corporate Commonwealth entity that provides superannuation services and products to Australian Government employees and members of the Australian Defence Force. We are committed to making super personal and guiding our customers to make the right choices to reach their retirement dreams. CSC search the globe for investment opportunities to grow customer’s savings. At CSC, we are proud to wear the Australian government crest, and proud to serve those who serve our country
It’s an exciting new era for us at CSC. Delivering better outcomes for customers is reshaping the superannuation sector, that’s why we’re transforming to a Connected Service Culture.
CSC’s transformation program is designed to put customers at the heart of everything we do. It’s about more than just implementing a new operating model or business plan, it’s about transforming ourselves into a more connected and truly customer centric organisation. It not only connects us to our customers but also to one another, empowering our people with the processes, technology and data to transform the way we work and what we’re able to achieve together.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for you to be part of a fundamental transformation of CSC’s workplace: uplifting capability, processes, and data use and technology enablement. This will be the basis upon which we can improve outcomes for our customers into the future.
Your new role
The Metadata Management Specialist will be responsible for establishing a metadata management capability at CSC so that business and technical users can easily search and identify information.
The Metadata Management Specialist role is fundamental to the establishment and adherence to an enterprise Metadata Management Framework, policy standards, and practices, across the business, to achieve the required level of consistency, quality, and protection to meet overall business needs.
The Metadata Management Specialist will be responsible for developing and implementing policy, frameworks, principles and standards. The successful incumbent will be responsible for driving the development and maintenance of business metadata such as business definitions, data rules, business glossary and data dictionary and appropriate use of data, linking those definitions to technical metadata and managing the resolution of issues related to metadata.
The Metadata Management Specialist will work with Data Stewards and Data Users to define data and review critical data elements and data lineage and to classify the data and determine access and security rights.
NB: Metadata Management Specialist is available as a 2 year full time contract opportunity
Location: While these positions are based in Canberra we are open to talented candidates from other states and territories as CSC supports a flexible approach to work inclusive of location. Appropriate onsite and offsite presence would be as required.
What you’ll need to excel
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field such as Information Management Systems, Engineering, Business, or demonstrable experience in Metadata Management.
- Demonstrable experience in driving and introducing a metadata management capability including developing or introducing collateral such as policy frameworks, principles and standards to stakeholders to improve organisational commitment and understanding to good metadata management practices and behaviours
- Effective written skills to produce a variety of documents e.g. policies, frameworks, standards, specifications
- Minimum of 3 + years in a Metadata Management Specialist role
- Previous use or familiarity with Talend will be an advantage
- Experience in building effective working relationships between SMEs and business stakeholders
- Experience developing in developing artefacts to support the establishment or maintenance of a Metadata Management Capability
- Ability to explain complex metadata management concepts and practices to business stakeholders to drive understanding and adoption.
- Strong familiarity with JIRA and agile methodology is advantageous
What you’ll get in return
- Play a vital role in the development of the CSC’s transformation program and develop a career with a focus on data
- An opportunity to opportunity to develop a metadata management capability
- Join CSC at an exciting time of change, in this position you will make a real difference.
What you will need to do now
To apply for this Metadata Management Specialist role, please provide with your CV along with a page word document giving an example where you have introduced key metadata initiatives in an organisation and challenges faced in not more than 400 words
Job Number: 20066
Community / Marketing Title: Metadata Management Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU