Data Modelling Analyst
Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU
Job Number: 20068
Your new company
At CSC, we know that it takes all of us working together, united as one, to guide our customers towards their retirement dreams. We’re proud to wear the government crest, and proud to serve those who serve our country.
Every day, CSC makes a real difference by guiding our customers to make the right choices, and to feel confident about their financial wellbeing. Through rich customer insights and world-leading investment strategies, we’re always growing and improving. That means creating an environment where each and every one of us has the opportunity to strive together for excellence.
It’s an exciting new era for us at CSC. Delivering better outcomes for customers is reshaping the superannuation sector, that’s why we’re transforming to a Connected Service Culture.
CSC’s transformation program is designed to put customers at the heart of everything we do. It’s about more than just implementing a new operating model or business plan, it’s about transforming ourselves into a more connected and truly customer centric organisation. It not only connects us to our customers but also to one another, empowering our people with the processes, technology and data to transform the way we work and what we’re able to achieve together.
CSC has recently embarked on a major program of work to transform data management and data analytics capability. As part of this CSC will undertake a project to industrialise, automate and enhance forecasting and reporting of the adequacy of member balances at the time of retirement, a key activity for enhancing outcomes for CSC’s members.
Your new role
We’re looking for people who have a real drive to make a difference—for our customers, for each other, and for CSC.
The Data Modelling Analyst will be key to supporting the design, development and sustainment of analytical adequacy modelling capability at CSC, through the aforementioned project. The successful candidate will leverage a range of technical data, statistics and analytics skills to support development of a new data integration and analytical modelling solution that connects data from a range of sources throughout the business, passes to a deployed model for forecasting member adequacy, and finally deploys those adequacy metrics in a consumable format for use by the business.
This role will be key in analysing the availability and format of data used for adequacy modelling; assessing and documenting data gaps, as well as assessing source data quality in an automated format. The successful candidate will also have experience in data solution design and will be able to support dedicated Data Engineers in translating business and modelling requirements into high level designs and specifications for data manipulation and data pipelines. Following data understanding and preparation activities, the role will involve extensive statistical analysis of data to support assumptions encoded to adequacy models by a Lead Data Scientist within the project. Finally, experience with basic software engineering-oriented approaches for data analytics work, including the use of Python, are highly desirable in this role.
NB: The Data Modelling Analyst position is available as a full time contract until December 2022.
Location: While this position is based in Canberra we are open to candidates from other states and territories as CSC supports a flexible approach to work inclusive of location. Appropriate onsite and offsite presence would be required.
What you’ll need to excel
- Tertiary qualifications in economics, statistics, mathematics, engineering, science, information technology or computer science
- 2 years experience working as a data analyst in analysis or modelling projects
- Demonstrable experience in working closely with business teams to understand and document key stakeholders and business processes
- Ability to elicit and analyse data modelling and data reporting requirements
- Experience in data query development and execution using SQL to source data sets from a range of source systems
- Extensive experience in exploratory data analysis including data profiling and statistical analyses using both desktop tools and programming languages such as Python
- Experience providing evaluation of Data Quality anomalies and discrepancies and contribute expertise to understand the root cause of issues and corrective measures
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
What you’ll get in return
- Play a vital role in CSC’s transformation program
- Flexible working opportunity which promotes work life balance
- Join CSC at an exciting time of change, in this position you will make a real difference.
What you will need to do now
To apply for the Adequacy Data Modelling Analyst opportunity, please click to apply and provide a CV highlighting your relevant experience to this role.
Job Number: 20068
Community / Marketing Title: Data Modelling Analyst
Location_formattedLocationLong: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU