Investment Data Reporting Analyst
Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU
Job Number: 20069
Your new company
At CSC, we know that it takes all of us working together, united as one, to guide our customers towards their retirement dreams. We’re proud to wear the government crest, and proud to serve those who serve our country.
Every day, CSC makes a real difference by guiding our customers to make the right choices, and to feel confident about their financial wellbeing. Through rich customer insights and world-leading investment strategies, we’re always growing and improving. That means creating an environment where each and every one of us has the opportunity to strive together for excellence.
It’s an exciting new era for us at CSC. Delivering better outcomes for customers is reshaping the superannuation sector, that’s why we’re transforming to a Connected Service Culture.
CSC’s transformation program is designed to put customers at the heart of everything we do. It’s about more than just implementing a new operating model or business plan, it’s about transforming ourselves into a more connected and truly customer centric organisation. It not only connects us to our customers but also to one another, empowering our people with the processes, technology and data to transform the way we work and what we’re able to achieve together.
CSC has recently embarked on a major program of work to transform data management and data analytics capability. As part of this CSC will undertake a project to industrialise, automate and enhance forecasting and reporting of the adequacy of member balances at the time of retirement, a key activity for enhancing outcomes for CSC’s members.
Your new role
We’re looking for people who have a real drive to make a difference—for our customers, for each other, and for CSC.
An Investment Data Reporting Analyst will be key to supporting the Investment Operations business unit deliver, and transition into effective utilisation of, integrated customer and investments datasets and statistical models that are used for automated reporting on Member Adequacy to CSC’s Chief Investment Officer.
The successful candidate will leverage a range of technical data and analytics skills to support development of a new data integration and reporting solution that connects data from a range of sources throughout the business, passes to a deployed model for forecasting member adequacy, and finally reports on adequacy metrics through a number of production business intelligence dashboards and reports.
NB: The Investment Data Reporting Analyst position is available as a 2 year full time contract opportunity.
Location: While this position is based in Canberra or Sydney we are open to candidates from other states and territories as CSC supports a flexible approach to work inclusive of location. Appropriate onsite and offsite presence would be required.
What you’ll need to excel
- Tertiary qualifications in economics, statistics, mathematics, engineering, science, information technology or computer science
- 3 to 4 years’ experience as a Data Reporting Analyst or Performance Reporting Analyst, with experience working on business performance reporting preferable
- Experience gathering and interpreting business requirements for data integration and report generation
- Experience in data query development and execution using SQL to source data sets from a range of source systems
- Experience in data reporting design and delivery of reports through business intelligence tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Some experience in ETL and data pipeline development using tools like Talend, SAS DI, Informatica, DataStage etc. Python programming ability highly favourable.
- Experience providing evaluation of Data Quality anomalies and discrepancies and contribute expertise to understand the root cause of issues and corrective measures.
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills with proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously
What you’ll get in return
- Play a vital role in CSC’s transformation program
- A great opportunity to work on a broader project that works on dealing with the metrics that are designed and contextually relevant to the superannuation industry and adequacy.
- Flexible working opportunity which promotes work life balance
- Join CSC at an exciting time of change, in this position you will make a real difference.
What you will need to do now
To apply for this Investment Data Reporting Analyst opportunity, please click to apply and provide a CV highlighting your relevant experience to this role.
Job Number: 20069
Community / Marketing Title: Investment Data Reporting Analyst
Location_formattedLocationLong: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory AU